29 June 2007

PREGNANT

When I got pregnant, I promised my self that I will write about my experience daily or at least weekly. That... never happened. Everytime I try (blog / journal / note book), I ended-up deleting it. But today, I promised myself (again) to at least summarize it into one blog entry.

(So people, it will be a long entry - you know what to do. Saya cadangkan; go ahead waste sometime here or jump to the other more interesting blog. Cadangan ditutup.)


Before I got married, I told CHE MAN that I do not want to get pregnant so soon. Maybe we should wait at least 4 months - just to familiarize ourselve with new routine. Well, he did not agree.

So, after 4 months of nothing, I did not expect it to happen in the first year. People started to ask the golden question and I started to worry. Two months later, I felt so lembab, lembik, dizzy the whole day - but I did not think about pregnancy at all. Then a friend who got married 2 months after me called and informed that she is pregnant. So I asked her; "Why suddenly you did the pregnancy test". She told me that she felt one kind - lembab, lembik, dizzy. Oppsss... then I tot. Arhhh... maybe I am pregnant!

So I went and purchased this pregnancy test kit.
I remember how nervous I was before I did the test.
"What if aku tak pandai guna test kit ni?"
"What if aku test tak kena masa?"
"What if aku tak pregnant at all?"
Zuppppp... 2 lines appeared. PREGNANT?
I really don't know how to react, how to tell my husband, how to feel...
(a ha... aku cam bodoh sket masa tu)

Next day after work I went to confirm it - kat clinic. Ala.. dia pun pakai test kit yang sama cam aku gak. Rerupanya aku dah mengandung 2 bulan. (Entah... aku pun tak tau nape aku boleh tak ingat lansung pasal period aku yang tak kunjung tiba 2 bulan tu).

Oh dear. The first 5 months was horrible (ok... maybe I am exaggerating here). Pagi, tengahari, petang dan yang paling teruk malam aku asyik muntah. Selera boleh tahan - sentiasa lapar; tapi mesti muntah pas tu. Badan sentiasa penat & lembik. Pernah aku hampir jatuh pengsan dalam lift - aku masuk lift, sesedar org dalam lift tu dok tahan badan aku from falling. I thought after 2 months, I'll be fine. Tak gak. Ok maybe after 3 months, tak jugak. Ok maybe after 4 months, tak jugak. Ngam-ngam 5 months over (1st day of Hari Raya), Suddenly I felt so nice. So happy. So energetic. So sihat. Thank God. (Wait for me rendang & lemang. I'm coming).

Things went well after that. Only problem happend at the 7th month. I wanted to check baby lelaki ke pompuan, but doctor said cannot see. My baby sonsang! What? Oh my god. The whole night I tried not to cry (Memang.. aku drama queen gak). So the 8th and the 9th month. I was advised to give birth at hospital. No clinic clinic. Dangerous. Most probably through torehan Csection.

The best past being pregnant is, people are generally very very nice to you.

- You jangan kerja berat.
- You jangan angkat barang tu.
- You pergi berehat.
- You nak makan apa?
- You nampak cute (ye la tuh!)
- Takde la.. takde la... tak nampak gemuk pun (ye la tuh! kuasa 2)
- Muka you berseri-seri la
- You jangan makan tu. You makan ni.
- You duduk. Yang lain berdiri.
- Nah. I bought this for you.
- etc.. etc..

However, I regretted few things (oh.. aku ni tak bersyukur la...)
- I did not wear enough cute maternity dress.
- I ate too much that I gained too much weight.
- I did not exercise regularly
- I did not drink enough milk or eat recommended foods
- I did not read enough keibubapaan materials
- I tak ambil banyak gambar
- Too much maggi mee and 100 plus
- I did not write that journal
- dan... banyak lagi.

Tapi tu la. Semuanya dah berlalu. Kalau ade rezeki lagi, I be better pregnant lady.
I promise.

No comments:

Your Personality is Very Rare (ESTP)

Your personality type is dominant, driven, poised, and self-aware. Only about 5% of all people have your personality, including 3% of all women and 6% of all men You are Extroverted, Sensing, Thinking, and Perceiving.