16 June 2008

A Visit I Promised Him

Few weeks ago I went to Zoo Negara.

Can’t really remember when my previous visit was. The only time that I could remember when I was 12 years old! That is nearly 20 years ago? OMG! I remember it quite well coz I have seen few pictures of me in the Zoo (unfortunately, I don’t have them with me. Kalau tak bleh upload for more nostalgic effect here. Hehehehe). I remember that my mom was the one who arranged for the rombongan and ahli-ahli rombongan tu, are my orang kampung and mostly my own sedara-mara. Ye la, masa tu we all takde kereta. Nak pergi KL macam jauh dah susah, unless it is rombongan sort of things.

So, when Che Man told me about the plan to Zoo Negara I was quite excited about it. We went together with my mother in law, my sister in law and her family.

We arrived at 10.30am and the animal show will start at 11.00am. Good timing. We took our seats under the glaring sun and watched the animal show. I can say it is quite informative and entertaining. Since we sat quite far from the stage, I guessed Aiman could not really see the small animals like birds performing. Whenever we told him to see those birds, he kept looking up expecting to see birds flying around. Only after the very big anjing laut performing he gave his attention.

If you guys want to pay a visit to Zoo Negara, please get the zoo map at the information counter, near the entrance. It is very helpful. Take the opportunity to watch the animal show at around 11am & 2.30 pm daily. You can use the ‘train’ (tram?) provided to go to one place to another. However, it will be difficult if you carry stroller. Be sure you are have strong legs and comfortable shoes / sandals. There are stall selling drinks and light food nearby the entrance and exit. However be sure to bring your bottled drinks too. You can have your lunch inside the zoo at the one area called ‘wakaf’ - at the end of the route. There are some restaurants but quite expensive. Dua orang makan ok la. Tapi kalau dah bawa beberapa orang anak, bawa la bekal untuk alas perut. Mak sure you don’t bring too much. Susah la nak bawa ke hulu ke hilir dalam zoo tu nanti. Bawa bag pack filled with some finger foods and bottled drinks, ok dah.

In overall, it was a good visit, especially for children. The zoo is clean and well maintained. Pokok-pokok pun banyak, so boleh la berlindung sket daripada matahari. The signage and information is informative and helpful. Only I feel that some areas are quite dangerous for children. Langkah sikit je boleh masuk kan tangan dalam kandang harimau, panjat sikit je boleh jatuh kolam buaya, tergelincir sikit jer baleh masuk kolam bangau atau jatuh kandang rusa and few other things I refuse to imagine. Or maybe it just ME?

Anyway, here are some pictures untuk cuci mata and for my son to remember.



With my MIL and Aiman's Cousins
(I had to wake Aiman up. Ada ke patut tido nyenyak?)



Watching Animals buat Show

With Ayah at Kandang Rusa

With Ibu Posing Depan Gajah

Si kechik ni eksyen. Nak jalan je... tak mau stroller

Tiga Perempuan Yang Hampir Kehabisan Tenaga

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

macam best.. kena tunggu luqman besar sikit baru bleh pegi..

azwanihassan said...

aku pun nak bawak kmbar la bile dieorang dah bole jalan nanti.. mesti best

Nomee said...

Aishah & Wani @
Bila anak you all dah boleh jalan nanti, good time la tu. But you really have to take care of them coz macam aku cakap ada area yang risky.

Ada tempat nak buat function also there.

Your Personality is Very Rare (ESTP)

Your personality type is dominant, driven, poised, and self-aware. Only about 5% of all people have your personality, including 3% of all women and 6% of all men You are Extroverted, Sensing, Thinking, and Perceiving.