17 August 2007

I DO Love Her


How do you feel when your younger sister tells you that she is getting married? Happy and exited right? Because you know its coming. She and her boyfriend is compatible couple. He is like one of the family members already. She told you about her plan. Logic, practical & lovely. You know she is ready. You know it’s about time already.

BUT… when my sister told me that our younger sister is getting engaged in 2 weeks time, I was shocked and frustrated! Why? Because, I did not see it coming. Even though she told us about her plan earlier, but we have advised her THINK AGAIN. Why? Because we KNOW that she is not ready. Obviously, she ignored our advice.

Let just put it this way. We KNOW her – so very well. She is so NOT ready. I do not wish to elaborate the ‘not ready’ part further.

And, engagement ceremony should be a happy occasion for a family. To her especially. I hope I can refrain my big mouth from saying anything that will hurt her tomorrow. I hope she will avoid saying or doing things that will irritate me tomorrow - that..... I need.

Please God. Help me. I want to be a good sister to my sisters. Let me be the sister whose contributions will contribute to their happiness at least on their special day. Give me patient to deal with this.

She is my sister. I must love her. I must be with her. I must support her. I must help her. I must at least try to make her happy.

Dear Sis,
I don't hate you. I just want the best for you.
I hope you are making the right decision.
I hope you will prove me wrong.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dah jadi kakak macam tu la Normi. Adik aku dah sampai tahap umur sensitif - 25 tahun. Nak tegur salah, tak tegur salah. Jadik serba salah aku dibuatnya. Hopefully semua ok masa engagement tu

Nomee said...

Amy : Things went quite well. There were dramas of coz, but I was not in any of the dramas. He.. he..

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

baru tunang..lom kawin.. bukan ler aku nak soh buat apa2.. but if the whole family thinks its not right.. then its not right lah.. hope she proves you wrong lah.. i learned my mistakes the hard way..

Z.Y. said...

what i think:

let her make her mistakes. she's a grown woman. when she's down & out, the family should accept her and help her, not herdik and say "i told u so".

let her make her own mistakes. your mistakes are uniqely yours, not hers. she won't understand if she doesnt go thru it.

let her make her own mistakes. it's the only way for her to grow. she'll be wiser after that. trust me.

support her decisions now. u never know when u need her support in the future...

-aku, seorang adik-

cpj said...

aku rasa kot kalu aku ckp kat akak aku aku nak kawen/tunang trus dia bukak organizer dia tanya "bila? esok?" hihihihih :p

and.. mak aku mesti trus pegang tepon wat arrangements and call others saying finally!! :p

Nomee said...

Zeed : Tu la.... aku berserah je lah. Hope everything is going to be okay.

Pijah : Case cam lu bisa bikin dunia havoc! He.. he..

Unknown said...

:) nomee.....

sisterly instinct ni selalunye betul...nak nak pulak jika bukan seorang yang ada rasa macam tu...
naper ek u rasa ur sister tu belum ready? financially ka? emotionally ka? atau apa ka?
u don't really hv to answer me la...i am sure there are good reasons la...but but, kenapa pulak ek dia rasa dia dah ready?

Doakan yang terbaik...dan jika boleh la kan...suggest la kat dia minta dia solat Isthikhoarah...mudahmudahan mendapat petunjuk...

idham

Nomee said...

Bang Idham :
Thank you for dopping by. *Segan*.

It kindda difficult to explain, simply because she is MY sister.

Saya cuma doakan yang terbaik.

Your Personality is Very Rare (ESTP)

Your personality type is dominant, driven, poised, and self-aware. Only about 5% of all people have your personality, including 3% of all women and 6% of all men You are Extroverted, Sensing, Thinking, and Perceiving.