07 March 2008

One-Year-Old Baby with Blue-Black Forehead

Last night, at around 12 something, Che Man & I sang “Happy Birthday” song to Aiman. Aiman also took part by dancing away. My baby is 1 year old today. He is no more baby, but a toddler (Ye ker?).

Penat Che Man membuainya tidur malam tadi, but when he transferred him to bed, Aiman woke-up. It was already one-something in the morning and both of us were very sleepy already. In fact we have not had any good sleep since last week coz Aiman sleeps very late; 2am to 3am. Sleep-deprived parents last night tried to ignore Aiman but he had threatened to jump out of the bed few times. Afraid of the same incident like this one, I took him out of the room and put him into his buaian and buai him while sitting on the sofa. It was around 2.20am.

Suddenly I felt like the buaian is jerking hard and simultaneously I heard bunyi bedebuk.

I got-up in panic and found Aiman on the floor. Face down.

Aku beristighfar loudly in disbelieve. I picked him up and hugged him. He was crying very loud.

I inspected his hands and legs. They look normal. Aiman was still crying loudly.

I switched on the light. Only then I saw his forehead swollen. Not only swollen, it has scratches too! OMG!

I was really panic.

I shouted for Che Man who didn’t seem to be affected by the loud cries from Aiman. I had to slap his shoulder to wake him up. I told him about Aiman jatuh buaian and all he said was “Awak tertidur ke?”. Question that only made me angry.

Angry to myself coz tetidur. Angry to myself coz forgot to fasten the safety pin for the buaian.

I looked at the wall clock and realized, I only slept for few minutes. But in those crucial few minutes, I had caused Aiman pain and shocks.

I felt horrible.

While Aiman still crying I insisted to tuam his forehead. He finally dozed off. His body damp with sweats. Maybe because he cried so much. I took another 30 minutes to make sure the swollen area subside by continue tuam his head. After that I inspected his whole head and found there is another area but covered by his hairs. Now I remember he had fallen onto the buaian’s base. The square base made from steel where the screws in the middle part had left scratches on his head. My poor baby.

(I was tempted to snap photo of his swollen forehead, but I didn’t do it)

Before I went back to sleep, I asked forgiveness from him for my carelessness. I pray for the damage to stop there. Hopefully he has no other injury.

This morning, he woke up as usual; asking for milk and change of diaper. After finishing his 7oz of milk, he stood up and did his little dance to the birthday song I sang to him.

Happy 1st Birthday Aiman Nuruddin.

I am sorry that you will have to celebrate your special day with swollen and blue-black forehead.

I can’t wait to go home today. I’ll make it up to you baby.

8 comments:

Siti Blogger said...

Alahaii...siannya Aiman... I'm sure you're feeling tons of guilt but don't be hard on yourself. We're all human, and human make mistakes. If it's any consolation, my daughter fell from her cot at 2 months old!

Yg ni lagi tension cause I passed her to my other half cause it was already 4am and I was so sleepy that I couldn't hold her any longer. I was thinking, daripada aku terlepas baby ni karang, baik suruh other half take over pulak. Sekali at 5am, I heard a loud thud and a scream. Tengah mamai2 dlm gelap tu, I felt my hubby bingkas bangun and saw him tengah bongkok and I knew instantly our baby fell.

Of course, I was mad as hell cause it was what I wanted to prevent in the first place kan? My other half had the habit of not pulling up the cot's side sbb dia ingat at 2 motnhs, baby is too young to move. Dah berbuih mulut pesan, but he didn't really believe me. So when my daughter was the one who paid for his mistake, can you blame me for being really, really angry?

ALthough it wasn't my fault, i felt guilty nevertheless and traumatised for months! Selalu terbayang2 that incident and regretting that it happened. And I made sure hubby pun felt guilty sama hehehe...that's the only way to teach him!

Ehh...panjang plak comment! Anyway, back to you...did you take aiman to the doctor just to make sure everything's ok? Also, watch out if he starts muntah2 and look dazed or confused. Take him to ER if that happens! Seriously!

Amy said...

Alahai *hugs* don't be so hard on yourself ok Nomee? Take care

neomesuff said...

Dont worry darling...he will learn the meaning of little bit of pain and the mother is always there for him if he is hurt..k..*hugz* ur baby for me ;-)

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

alahai cian aiman.. tak per nomee.. tu benda2 biasa parenting.. yg penting tak de crucial injury.. aku baru ni tak sengaja terpijak tangan balqis, sib baik atas tilam and sib baik tak kuat sgt.. sian budak tuh.. dah la aku ni berat cam tong drum.. but accidents happen lah.. balqis pun hari tuh terpijak perut aku nko!!! panic kejap 10 saat.. sib baik semua ok.. nanti beli toys dgn kek sedap utk aiman.. hehe..

Nomee said...

NiN @
I can't imagine anak you jatuh from baby cot masa umur 2 bulan! Tentu robek hati kan?

I did not take Aiman to doctor coz my MIL told me that Aiman berperangai biasa saja siang tu. Tak muntah, tak nangis tak tentu pasal, tidur about the same hours ,etc.

Till now, nampak okey jer. Syukur.


Amy @
Thank you Amy. *Peluk Amy balik*

Kak Nomee @
Saya ni memang cuai sikit. I learnt my lesson. Tq.

Konot @
Aku la yang tak dengar cakap MIL aku. Dia dah suh banyak kali letak tilam bawah buai, tapi aku degil sgt (letak tilam nampak bersepah rumah). Padan muka aku.

Tapi Aiman dah ok. Bengkak cepat surut sebab aku tuam bengkak tu cepat. Peringatan untuk aku.

Nko tu jgn lasak-lasak sgt. Kiss Balqis for me.

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

aku lupa nak wish HAPPY BIRTHDAY AIMAN!! muah muahs!!

Amy said...

Tu la pasal Konot! Aunty Amy pun lupa la Aiman...Happy birthday!!

Nomee said...

Auntie Konot & Auntie Amy @

Thank you for the wishes. Itu hari ibu ada buat birthday party, 2 kali lak tuh. Tapi sampai skrang ibu tak blog citer beday parties Aiman. Ibu ni malas la.... Tolong babab-kan ibu yek? Aiman tak leh babab ibu, nanti dosa.....

*balas muah muah*
-Aiman-

Your Personality is Very Rare (ESTP)

Your personality type is dominant, driven, poised, and self-aware. Only about 5% of all people have your personality, including 3% of all women and 6% of all men You are Extroverted, Sensing, Thinking, and Perceiving.