03 September 2007

Cukur Jambul

Finally we had it on 1st September 2007.

At planning stage, we were worried because this is the first time kenduri at my MIL house (they lived elsewhere last year). I was worried about the budget too - It is not cheap to have small kenduri these days. SIL advised that I should not think too much. Tentu ada rezeki Aiman.

One week before the majlis, we found out that a neighbor have decided to hold a wedding kenduri few houses away – the same row. It was their last minutes decision for reasons only they know. FIL was furious but refused to change the date. Aiya.. how la? Tak kan kita tengah marhaban, dia orang berkaraoke? Tak kan lah kita tengah bertahlil, dia orang berkompang? Won’t people get confused with the khemah and all?

We started the morning as early as 4.30am. Aiman was not well. Still sick with flu. He did not sleep well the previous night and that didn’t help to ease my migraine. Rasa macam nak pecah kepala okey... sampai termuntah.

I was a bit sad that I didn't get him baju melayu. I thought I could get it beli-siap, but after rounds & rounds of searching, I accepted the fact that beli-siap nyer is for at least one-year-old baby. I wanted to buy the smallest size, but Che Man tak approve. To tailor-make: already too late. *(Raya nanti ye sayang... )*.

We started the marhaban at 10.00am. I missed the part where Aiman was circling the buaian - poor him, one auntie had to carry him - ibu was no where to be seen! I only took my place when Aiman was already in the buaian. The marhaban (by almost 50 ladies) was beautiful. Aiman felt asleep in the buai. I had to wake him up so take they can cut his hair, tepung tawar him, bubuh bunga rampai on his head, tabur beras kunyit, etc. I was surprised to see one bakul filled with ang pau. I was not not aware that people will give money to the baby in this ceremony. (Alhamdullillah - his rezeki). SIL was behind me distributing paper bag with some souvenirs items. Aiman behaved himself until I put him back into buaian when they sang lagu-lagu nasihat for him. Lunch started at 11.30am. Ladies first - men were inside the house for tahlil.

I was happy coz :-

  • At last, we managed to do this for Aiman.
  • As we started early, we finished early, therefore not clashed with the other kenduri.
  • Not only my family came, my grandmother, my auntie, my cousins and my mum’s cousin also managed to come.
  • Few close friends were around – that’s why I call them close friends.
  • Aiman – despite not feeling well, he behaved himself until end of the ceremony and slept the whole afternoon, when we busy berkemas.
  • Food was nice, plenty & enough for everybody.
  • My BIL acted as financial controller and we ended-up sharing the expenses at agreed portions - lighter budget for us.
  • Despite my earlier objection on buaian part, SIL made an effort to make it happened.
  • Weather was good. It was only raining in the afternoon, but that only made our coffee & teh tarik nicer.
  • Things went on smoothly. (I should do sujud syukur).


Marhaban Group.
(Usually only ibu will sing for him)



Aiman yang jarang-jarang tido dalam buaian, was a bit nervous.

"Ayah... what is happening here?"

Aiman didn't care about people cutting his hair or throwing bunga rampai at him.

Yang penting pose for the camera.


"Oh no! They are so jealous of my beautiful hair"

(I am so tempted to call him 'Aiman-botak')

7 comments:

rafiqaheliza said...

Is that aiman's first hair cut? comelnya...Rasa lapang dada bila dah selesai cukur jambul kan? Now, I can't wait to do ashraff's long awaited aqiqah...

Nomee said...

Kak Rafiqah : Yup. First hair cut. Memang lapang dada satu hal dah selesai. How was 'The Holiday'?

Anonymous said...

Alhamdulillah semuanya berjalan lancar.. comey Aiman!

Inn said...

Nomee!!! Aiman makin adorable. and so well behaved bila ramai2 orang camtu.

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

macho nyer aiman dgn rambut botak tuh... ala2 lex luthor hehehe

Nomee said...

Amy, Inn & Konot: Bak kata mertua aku "Aiman sajak botak". (First time aku dengar perkatan 'sajak' tu).

Siti Blogger said...

MasyaAllah...cutenye Aiman!! Esp. masa nak potong jambul tu...he was like, what's going on here? Not the hair!!

Your Personality is Very Rare (ESTP)

Your personality type is dominant, driven, poised, and self-aware. Only about 5% of all people have your personality, including 3% of all women and 6% of all men You are Extroverted, Sensing, Thinking, and Perceiving.